Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lots of STUFF!!!

Here is a glimpse of our life right now.  This week, we had deliveries from UPS, FedEx, and shippers almost every day.  We bought a new piano, patio furniture, and a net to drive golf balls.  Yesterday I bought a 2 year supply of shampoo, soap, and toothbrushes and paste.  Today Mike and I went on a date to Costco.  We each filled a flat cart with stuff, paid for it, loaded it in the car, then went back in for more.  The next trip we filled 2 shopping carts.  I wish I would have taken a picture of the car packed to the gills.  I'm so thankful Aubree is willing to babysit, and that the seats all fold down.  If I hadn't just spent so much money, I would think our apartment was growing things overnight!  We go back tomorrow for the stuff we couldn't fit in the car today.  I'm tired, and I think my debit card had a heart attack earlier.

Here is a pile of stuff.

Here is the pile from a different angle.


Here is the pile behind the couch.  I didn't think to take the picture while the couch was pulled out.

All of this will be packed up on July 27th, so we don't have to live with it for too much longer!

6 comments:

Beadles said...

I am guessing the piano didn't come from Costco. I am so bummed we didn't get to see you guys before you begin your journey. But I am excited for you. What an experience this will be for the kids!

Beadles said...

I am guessing the piano didn't come from Costco. I am so bummed we didn't get to see you guys before you begin your journey. But I am excited for you. What an experience this will be for the kids!

The Crazy Heads said...

Do they not have anything like toilet paper or ziplocks where you are moving to? That is crazy! I bet people at Costco were looking at you like maybe you knew something they didn't.

Jeanae and Mike said...

Toilet paper is one of the things I'm a brand snob about. Costco around here is used to all the Foreign Service people buying loads and loads. It was getting it all up to our apartment that was interesting.

McDowell Family said...

It's amazing that you have to take all that with you! Good luck on your adventure! Will you blog from there??

Julie said...

Oh girl I can relate!!! I think my debit card has smoke coming from it after these last few weeks. Funny, we just bought a piano too (a digital one that can be shipped of course.) We'll be in VA from Thurs through Monday...maybe I will get another chance to see all of you!