Mike received an email last night that he has been paneled for Houston, Texas! We are excited to move back to the States (even though we REALLY wanted to stay overseas), because we will be closer to family. The last month, I have been talking myself into moving back. It was a long shot to get another overseas position, as State Medical only approved 3 cities for Aubree to go to. So, here I've been psyching myself up to move back, and every day I have found a positive reason. Houston was Mike's #1 pick, and I was going back and forth between Houston and Denver. I've known all along that we will end up where the Lord needs us, and I know that I will be happy wherever we live, so it didn't really matter to me where it was. If all goes well, we'll be able to extend to be there 3 years, and Aubree will graduate from high school. Our biggest challenge will be finding a home to rent that is affordable and in a neighborhood with AMAZING schools. We've already heard from many friends that the Woodlands fits that bill, so we might concentrate there. I sold a lot of our furniture before we moved out here, so there will be quite a bit that we'll need to purchase. It will be nice to have all the rest of our stuff out of storage. As this was our first overseas post, I wasn't quite sure what to bring. I miss a lot of things, and some that I was sure were coming out, didn't. (Next time I will know better what to pack.) Anyway, here is a list, in no particular order, of things I am looking forward to.
REAL milk!!! Not shelf milk or powdered, but real!
Boy Scouts where I don't have to be everything.
different kinds of cheeses
Seminary for Aubree
foods that haven't been salted to within an inch of their lives
fruit whenever I want it
real streets
being able to return things to a store if it doesn't fit, breaks, etc.
being only 1 time zone away from my sisters!!!
Things I am going to MISS!
Fresh fruit in season - SO flavorful
the most amazing tomatoes EVER!!!
Shopska salad
good Feta cheese
kebap
1 comment:
You won't know what I'm talking about until you try it, but you should also look forward to Blue Bell ice cream. It's the first thing I buy when I go to Texas. It's so good!
Post a Comment