Friday, November 27, 2009

Scouting!

We had Pack Meeting this last week, and Chris received his Wolf! My batteries died in my camera, so I'll post pictures after I get them from my sister-in-law. My nephew also received his Arrow of Light. It was a really neat ceremony, and Chris is really excited about being a Cub Scout. Our Cubmaster told us of a meeting he and his wife attended recently with David Pack. He is the highest rank Scout in the church (besides President Monson) and is the liaison between the church and the Boy Scouts of America. In this meeting, he said that the Boy Scouts organization was put on this earth to teach boys to lead boys. I never thought of it in that context. My brothers are all Eagle Scouts, so I have seen the commitment, time, and energy that they put into the program. While there is a reason that the mothers get pins for each achievement, I never saw my mother do anything but encourage them. I hope I can be that kind of Scout mom. Knowing that this program is what has been chosen by our Heavenly Father to help prepare our boys to become men and leaders of their peers is inspiring. Chris is having so much fun as he learns, and I hope he continues to have fun with scouting. It will be interesting to see how we will be able to do scouting overseas, but we are determined.

No comments: