Monday, September 20, 2010
Settling in
We are all settling quite nicely here in Skopje. The children are doing well at school, and have made friends. The boys started after school activities last week - soccer, science club, and arts and crafts. I was given a "calling" in our church group as Mutual and YW lesson coordinator. Aubree is the pianist. Mike is staying very busy at work. We still don't have our car, but are trying to explore as much as we can by taxi. Our first order of business with the car will be a trip to IKEA. Keeping our fingers crossed that it gets here quickly. I've joined an International Women's Association, and am excited to get to know more women and also help local charities. My participation in the PTO is limited to chairing events this year. We'll see how things go for next year. We still love being here, and wish that all of you could come visit us and experience the wonderful people and culture of Macedonia! (We do have a spare bedroom and a full basement!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So good to hear from you. I love that you get to have such an exciting opportunity to live there and experience everything wonderful about it.
Hi Jeanae~
My family and I are coming to Skopje at the end of October for one week and (if you're around) I'd love to meet up for coffee at some point.
Enjoy Ikea! It's a great "get away"!
Naoma
leesonthego@yahoo.com
Post a Comment