My babies are all grown up! Nick was so excited to get to school today, he was up way before the alarm. We took a taxi into school, and got there early. The boys stayed in the Music Room for coloring and stuff, but Aubree was able to go to the "hang out" place for the upper grades. Chris's teacher was one on duty this morning, so I didn't take him into class, but was able to get a picture of Chris and Mrs. Teeter before too many kids got there. Nick thought that I would be satisfied with a quick hug at the bottom of the stairs and a "See you, Mom!" Yeah, I wasn't. Off he went up the stairs with me trailing behind. I was able to get a picture of him with his teacher Miss Q before he got started on the Legos. (As of yesterday he was the only boy in his class.) I refrained from getting a picture of Aubree with Mr. Pilton. He wasn't in the classroom when we got there, and there were some other girls already there, so I didn't even wait. It's the first year I don't have a picture of her with her teacher. I did get pictures before we left the house, though, so you can see how cute she looks on her first day of school.
5 comments:
So grown up, all of them. I can't get over how old Chris looks and Aubree, she is definitely not a little girl anymore!
They are now home, and all of them had a GREAT first day! Aubree is actually one of two 7th graders, and has quite a bit of homework to do. Nick is still the only boy in his class, and 4th and 5th grade boys told Chris that he should join the soccer team. Our UAB should be here in a few minutes, so a good day for everyone!
Woo Hoo - Nick is one lucky boy!:) Too bad at that age he probably isn't too excited about it as he would be if he were a little older. And who gives homework on the first day of school...come on! Glad to see you guys are getting settled way on the other side of the world. Can't wait to see what fun things you guys do while you're there!
Hey! It's so good to hear you are doing well. I love seeing all the yummy fresh produce you can get. It sounds like a wonderful place. How exciting!!!
Your kids are in the same classroom my sweet Connor had for 1st grade. You're going to love QSI...such a terrific community of people. I see Miss Valentina in the background behind you. Greet her for me as she was my assistant teacher when I worked in the preschool.
I hope that you and your family have been warmly welcomed and embraced by the community in Skopje.
NKL
Post a Comment