Thursday, August 5, 2010

On the ground...

We landed in Vienna after a 10 hour flight. We were fed a yummy dinner of pasta or chicken, and even though we were in the back, there was still both options. The kids watched movies on their own sets, while I read and Mike played the DS. Of course, Nick made a friend on the plane, and he lives in our neighborhood! It's very difficult to sleep on a plane. In coach. When your body is telling you it is only 10, and you have been getting to bed after midnight for several weeks. Oh, and a baby is crying the whole flight. I think we all ended up sleeping almost 2 hours before we were awakened to eat breakfast! It was a bit strange having breakfast only a few hours after dinner. So here we are, sitting in Vienna at 9:15 in the morning, awaiting our flight to Skopje. More to come later!

3 comments:

Jeanae and Mike said...

We are safely in Skopje. We landed just after 12:30. It is now almost 7, and I think it is bed time. When I can post from a real compute instead of my Kindle, I will go more in depth.

The Marecles said...

Glad you guys made is safely. WE look forward to your adventures there. Keep us posted.

LeesOnTheGo said...

Skopje is in many ways the home of my heart. I had absolutely no idea you were posted there! We left there one year ago for our current post in Kenya but spent 3 very happy years in MK.

I look forward to hearing about your first impressions of your new home country (I am assuming this is a new post to you...?).

Oh, there are soooo many people I'd like to introduce you to. But it's a small country. You'll likely meet them on your own. =)

Welcome home. Enjoy settling in (...or settling in again if you are not actually new to Skopje).