I just realized that my kids started school 2 weeks ago, and I haven't posted the pictures here yet! I am such a slacker (as you can totally tell, because the last post is from before school got out!). ANYWAY - we all had a great start to the new year, and it was fairly easy to get back into our routine. I am keeping busy with the IWA. Our first general meeting is this Wednesday, and while there are still some things to do, I'm feeling really good about it!
The BIGGEST change this year is that Aubree skipped a grade! It's a long story, and we thought she would still be 8th grade on paper and some classes, but when it came down to it, she's a freshman in high school! I know! Weird!!! Chris is in 4th grade, and has amazing teachers! He's still reading a lot, but I'm encouraging him to focus on one book at a time. Nick is in 1st grade this year! He has gotten back into reading over the last couple weeks. We had intended to do a lot of reading this summer, but being away from home for so long changed our plans. I love listening to my children read!!!
 |
| All ready for 1st Grade!!! |
 |
| The man in 4th Grade! |
 |
| Aubree - can you believe this beauty is starting high school? |
 |
| My babies are all grown up! |
 |
| Mrs. Ruthanne Pilton and Chris in the classroom. |
 |
| Nick and Mrs. Louise Kampen in the 1st Grade classroom. |
3 comments:
Great pictures!! The kids are getting so grown-up!! My kids were just saying how much they have been missing your kids.
Keep us posted on the how the skipping a grade thing works out. They've mentioned it for Blake but we keep saying no...he has a summer birthday and is barely old enough to be in the grade he's in. So we thought it would be hard being 2 years younger than a lot of kids especially in high school when dating and driving come into play :)
All three of your kids are SO cute!
Post a Comment