Friday, January 8, 2010

Lists, lists, and more lists...

It seems like time is moving faster and faster now that we are approaching the end. I guess that's better than the alternative, but at times I can't catch my breath. We are now down to 8 days (7 1/2 if you want to get technical) until Mike gets home! The almost 5 weeks after that will be filled with sorting, sorting, sorting, throwing away, and cleaning while we get ready to head to Falls Church, VA. I've been stressing a bit with the unknown, but have found a wonderful friend in Melissa Oliver. We haven't met in person, yet, and I can hardly wait! Her family just moved into the same apartment complex we are moving to, and she has given me details about what to expect there. I know Mike is REALLY appreciative, because he doesn't have me calling him to speculate or ask questions he can't answer. She also has some children that are similar ages to my boys, and they are SO excited to get there and play with new friends!

I have been calling and canceling services that we have here, and the list is almost all checked off! A couple utilities won't allow shut-off requests more than 30 days prior, so I have to wait on those. I have all the information I need for all the schools the children will attend there, including preschool for Nick! I was able to call and reserve a spot for him through the Falls Church Parks and Rec. My lists for everything else, however, continue to grow and stress me out a little. What if I put something in permanent storage that I'll need in Macedonia? Do we need this item while we're in VA, or can we live without it for 6 months? What if I make the wrong choice?!? Luckily, Mike will be home soon to calm me down and let me know that it will be okay, and even if we make the wrong decision, we'll still be okay. See - I really do know that already, but it doesn't stop me from thinking it! The kids are taking everything in stride. I know it will get more real to them as we start going through all their stuff and making decisions on things. Not everything can go this time, and it might not be pleasant telling them so. Oh, the life we've chosen...

I've told a couple people this week that this is the life we have chosen for our family - now we get to find out if we like it. We are on the brink of our biggest adventure yet, and even though I'm getting a little squirrely because of it, I am also SUPER excited to get going! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us as we start this new chapter in our lives!

No comments: