Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The journey begins...

with a missed flight. Seriously. I looked at the email sent to me by Alaska, and honed in on 10:42 am as the departure time out of DCA. I even checked in online and printed my boarding pass the night before. I woke up and got ready, finished packing, and took the Metro in. When I arrived, I checked the board to find my gate number. Huh - there's only one flight to Seattle, and it's not Alaska. Maybe my boarding pass has some other information on it. Yes it does - and boarding started at 7:30, for an 8:00 departure! CRAP!!! That's right - 10:42 am was the time the flight landed in Seattle. I have to tell you that the people at the counter were very nice and didn't laugh at me while I was standing there, PLUS they immediately found a new flight for me to still get to Boise that day. Needless to say, 5 hours after I was supposed to get there, I finally did. I'm bummed because I missed the BBQ to meet all the new family members. However, when I finally got to Boise, Meridee, Allie and E were there to meet me with a sign and ribbon (which I ran through). Allie took a video of it, so hopefully I can post it later. I love being with my family! We stayed up way too long talking, especially with my 2 hour time change. The start was a little crazy, and it got crazier from there...

No comments: