Thursday, December 23, 2010

NOT on the agenda over break...

HAIRCUTS!  Chris was getting shaggy, but I figured I could put it off for a while.  Monday night, the kids were playing a board game.  He started crying because he landed on lose a turn, and he was SUPER tired.  I looked at him and asked, "Where did you cut your hair?"  "In the basement," was his reply.  Oh.  Joy.  I was laughing (it was NOT funny), because it was that or crying.  He seemed to think I was laughing because it WAS funny, and started laughing, too.  Aubree was hysterical.  I told them it really wasn't funny, and now I had to shave his head.  That turned the laughter to tears REAL quick!  As it was already past bedtime, I told him we'd deal with it in the morning, and off to bed he went.
Morning arrives, and everyone is feeling much better.  I told Nick that I had to cut it short, but he wouldn't be bald.  That appeased him.  I did a #3 on top, but it still isn't quite short enough.  Hopefully his hair will grow quickly during break so I can cut it again right before school and it will just look like a short haircut on purpose.

Before - doesn't look too bad, does it?  Oh, trust me - it's shorter underneath.

After - grow hair, grow as fast as you can!
Guess what will now have to be postponed until Nick has halfway decent hair?  Family pictures!  Since I had out the haircutting stuff, Chris got one, too.  He's been wanting to grow his hair out, but it's way too fluffy and crazy, so he got a long 8 on top, and he looks human again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo Blake got a Mom special last night too! He was WAY beyond a haircut and I knew I'd have to wait to get in until a few days after Christmas and it couldn't wait that long. I use to always cut his hair so I figured it'd be fine...he was NOT happy with the results since he's gotten it cut professionally for the last 1 1/2 yrs or so. Good thing it'll grow back since it's a little on the short side. :)

Becky said...

It is time for the Weekly State Department Blog Round Up and you are on it!

It is found here:
http://smallbitsfs.blogspot.com/2011/01/part-1-new-stuff-and-100-or-so-blog.html

If you would like the links to your site removed (or corrections are needed) please contact me. Thanks!