On Saturday we packed up a lunch and headed to a working sheep farm, where it's lambing season! We loaded into Dave's car and the rental and drove through the beautiful countryside to get there. We bought bags of food to feed the sheep. Nick and L'eah totally got into it, and each ended up going through an entire bag themselves. Aubree fed 3 then washed her hands. Chris refused. I don't really blame him. Buzz and I also fed some until it got too gross. The first indoor section was filled with the mommas and their new little babies. I was surprised at how many twins there were! Outside there were pens of the rams, and then on the other side of the building the pens full of the pregnant sheep. We were able to see a ewe with its lamb that had been delivered shortly before. The kids all thought it was gross, and it's not fun having to explain to a 6 year old boy what everything is that's still hanging out. We tried to hurry them along from there. There was also a fun little playground that the kids enjoyed, and Nick made a friend. Aren't you SO surprised? After we finished seeing everything, we washed our hands REALLY well, and went out to the cars to eat lunch.
Lunch over, we drove up the road to the cliffs. Right after we parked, disaster struck - Flat Stanley was nowhere to be found. You would think it was the end of the world. So, Chris pouted for a while until I threatened him, then thought about where he could have been left, and told him we could stop back at the farm to look for it on the way back. We imposed strict rules to the kids about running around. (I didn't want to have to explain to Mike why I was only coming back with 2 children when I left with 3.) Nick was really good about holding my hand when we got to the edge, plus I think it freaked him out a bit. It was really windy and cold, so we watched a guy flying a really cool kite, then got ice cream from the truck in the parking lot. I'm really happy with some of the pictures I got, and Buzz told me that the composition was good. We drove to another part of the cliffs where we could take the stairs down to the beach, and it was AWESOME!!! The cliffs are made of chalk and flint, and we picked up some samples to bring home. The kids want to start a fire with the flint, so I guess I need to figure out where to buy some steel here. It's all very exciting.
When we were done at the beach we went back to the sheep farm, and sure enough - Flat Stanley was waiting for us in the gift shop. The lady that helped us remembered seeing Chris with it, so when someone else found it, she set it aside for us. I had to explain what it was, thanked her over and over again, and off we went home. That night we have pizza from ASDA (a store owned by Wal-Mart) and it was really good! The Brits put some weird stuff on their pizza, but we all enjoyed it immensely!
|
| This is the cutest picture of L'eah! |
 |
With the rams, before Flat Stanley got lost... |
|
| Lots of cute little lambies. |
|
| This was a pretty fun digger! |
 |
| Aubree on the tire swing! |
No comments:
Post a Comment