Sunday was a very special day! We were able to attend church with Buzz and Hannah, and witness the blessing of Xander Bartholomew Lines. It was beautiful, and Xander was perfect the whole time. I have to admit, though, that Nick was not the only Davidson that started getting antsy as Sacrament meeting progressed, then finally made it's way into Sunday School and Relief Society. It takes a bit of adjusting to go to a normal block meeting after having church for an hour and a half for the last 7 months. It was especially fun for Aubree to attend a Young Women lesson not taught by her mother. I am so glad we had the opportunity to be there and meet some of Buzz and Hannah's friends. It's so nice to belong to a worldwide church. I love that I can go into a ward with complete strangers and be able to renew my baptismal covenants and feel the Spirit! After church, we took some pictures and headed home.
After a quick lunch, Buzz and I took the kids on a walk down to the sea so Han could fix dinner without us all underfoot. Aubree, Chris, and Nick spent the time throwing rock after rock into the water, looking for shells, and seeing who could throw their rock the farthest. L'eah sat down in the rocks and started eating them. Apparently she likes the salt on them, because every time we turned around, she had another rock in her mouth. When the kids were done throwing rocks, Buzz directed them to look for mermaid purses. They are the egg sacks for sharks, and though we found some, I didn't get a picture of it. You can find out more information and a picture of the ones we saw
here.
For dinner, Hannah fixed us a traditional English chicken roast dinner with Yorkshire pudding, tons of vegetables, and gravy to cover everything! It was SOOOOO fabulous! We finished off Xander's special day with a lemon cake roll thing. I don't remember what it's called, though. But it was good! Maybe Hannah will share the recipe with us all later.
 |
| Buzz, Xander, and the men who stood in the circle. |
 |
| Hannah, L'eah, Xander, Buzz, Chris, me, Nick, Aubree, and Dave! |
 |
| Buzz and Hannah with their adorable children! |
 |
| Buzz and Xander with Dave |
 |
| 3 generation shot - Xander with his mum and granddad |
 |
| All the cousins on the stairs. |
 |
| Xander Bartholomew Lines in his blessing outfit. |
 |
| I think L'eah has a rock in her mouth. Plus, I really like the houses in the background. |
 |
| Finding shells and throwing rocks. |
 |
| Nick is number 1! |
 |
| Chris loves the sea! (Except when he gets too close and his shoes and pants get soaked.) |
 |
| Aubree found the most perfect shells! |
 |
| Flat Stanley got in on the action. |
 |
| Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside. Oh, I do like to be beside the sea... |
 |
| Cool, old church in Hove halfway between the flat and the sea. |
1 comment:
I am enjoying reading about your trip! I love the new look of your blog! Also, I think your new haircut is super cute on you!
Post a Comment