Monday, August 2, 2010

So many changes...

and so few posts.  We leave the U. S. of A. in 2 days!  Can you believe it's gone so fast?  We were packed out last Tuesday.  I took tons of pictures to document the whole thing, but since we're working with Mike's laptop for the time being, I can't post them.  Our car left today.  We should see it in a couple months, hopefully in the same condition in which we sent it.  Mike is headed to the airport right now to get a rental that we'll use to help take us and our 10 checked bags and 8 carry-ons to the airport.  Luckily, our friend will drive our children, so we'll all get there.  Our bags are mostly packed.  I made Mike finally pack his stuff last night so we can see if everything fits without buying another suitcase.  It did!!!  I just don't think I could handle another purchase right now.  Suits are getting dry cleaned, and hair is being cut.  So many last minute things.  I finally realized I'm not going to have time during the day for a party, so we are celebrating Nick's birthday tonight with a few friends and cake.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can swim first.  Nick's birthday is the 11th, but we promised him long ago that we would have his party before we left.  That promise was made when we thought we were leaving on the 18th.  My child has a really terrific memory, so here we are having a party.  It should be fun.  Ummmmm...  I think that's about it.  E-mail me if you want our new address.  We have 2.  One is Postal Service, and the other is for UPS and FedEx.  I promise I will post after we get to Skopje.  Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Beadles said...

Sad that you are leaving and we didn't connect. We are currently in the hospital again - Audrey was admitted because of a fever. Not sure when we will leave... Enjoy your journey. What an experience this will be, especially for the kids.

The Crazy Heads said...

Travel safe and have fun!